Terms & ConditionsQueensland Cheese Artisan
ABN 94 792 961 174
General information on purchases made from Queensland Cheese Artisan
The information on QueenslandCheeseArtisan.com.au has been developed to be accurate at the time of publication. The information provided is on an "as is" basis, and makes no representation as to the accuracy, completeness, currency or reliability of the information contained. QueenslandCheeseArtisan.com.au will not be liable in contract, tort (including negligence) or otherwise to you or the intended recipient for any direct, special, indirect or consequential loss or damage (including loss of profits or loss of data) arising out of or in connection with this website.
By completing the purchase of a workshop from this website, an agreement exists between you and QueenslandCheeseArtisan.com.au. Each subsequent order is a new and separate agreement.
If you select to accept the 'Terms and Conditions' on this web site, you have deemed to have placed an workshop order with QueenslandCheeseArtisan.com.au.
Conditions relating to the purchase and attendance at an workshop event
Course notification: Participants will be notified when their payment is received by QueenslandCheeseArtisan.com.au. Approximately three days prior to the event commencing, a letter containing the location, start and finish times, and workshop booklet will be forwarded to each participant by email.
Privacy: The information contained in this registration helps QueenslandCheeseArtisan.com.au to administer and process your enrollment and to send you event information. Your contact and payment method details will not be disclosed to any other organisation (unless required by state regulations in terms of COVID legislation in terms of Name, phone, email, postcode).
Cancellation Policy: Written cancellations received in writing at least 8 days prior to the event event commencing, participants will receive full refund. For written cancellations received in writing within 7 days of the event commencing, QueenslandCheeseArtisan.com.au will endeavour to open enrollments to other participants, if no replacement is found, you will incur a penalty by way of forfeiture of 50% of the full course cost as an administration fee.
Substitutions made in writing to Queensland Cheese Artisan may be made at any time prior to the event commencing.
Summary of cancellation policy
Cancellation more than 8 days prior – full refund
Cancellation within 7 days prior – Queensland Cheese Artisan will open the course to other participants if a replacement participant books on the course you will receive a full refund, or if no replacement is obtained, a 50% forfeiture of course full fee.
Event cancellation: Queensland Cheese Artisan reserves the right to cancel or reschedule an event. If an event has been cancelled due to low attendance, sickness, natural hazard (e.g. flood, cyclone), COVID lockdown restrictions or any other matter regarding Queensland Cheese Artisan, all participants will be notified and the option to reschedule to another event or a full refund provided. Should Queensland Cheese Artisan be unable to provide an event it is not responsible for any costs, damages or expenses incurred by the participant.
Right to refuse: Queensland Cheese Artisan holds the right to refuse a participant entry to an event if the event instructor feels they are behaving in a manner that is not conducive to the satisfaction of other participants, they are intoxicated or may cause harm to themselves or anyone else attending the scheduled class.
Damage/loss of personal property: Queensland Cheese Artisan will take all necessary care, but accepts no responsibility for the damage to or loss of merchandise left in the venue prior to, during or after the event. Queensland Cheese Artisan is not responsible for the loss or damage of personal items in any form.
Liability waiver and release: When participating in a Queensland Cheese Artisan event, the participant releases, indemnifies and excludes Queensland Cheese Artisan, Susan Sinclair and assistants (paid or unpaid) from any and all liability of any kind for any damage or injury incurred while attending or visiting a event. The participant understands these terms and conditions and accepts the inherent risks of a kitchen environment when they make a full payment for a scheduled event. A Liability waiver and release (see below) will be provided to all participants to sign and date before the event commences. It is a condition of registration that you agree to sign and date the Liability and Waiver Release before the event commences. Refusal to sign the Liability and Waiver Release will be considered cancellation of registration and the Cancellation Policy will then apply.
LIABILITY WAIVER AND RELEASE FOR QUEENSLAND CHEESE ARTISAN EVENT
I, _____________________________________ of ___________________________________________ ("the Releasor") state that I:
1. acknowledge receipt of the pre-course notes and Recipes and Notes from Queensland Cheese Artisan (ABN 94 792 961 174) ("the Releasee") and the hygiene and safety instructions contained therein.
2. in consideration of the Releasee accepting my registration and allowing me to participate in this event I am aware that participation carries with it inherent risks (including but not limited to):
- working with or near hot water;
- lifting pots of milk and water up to 10kg in weight
- walking on damp or wet floors;
- working with diluted iodine solutions;
- the consumption of sourdough and other products made at the workshop
4. agree to immediately inform the Releasee if I am allergic to any of the ingredients or to iodine or if I feel unwell and will refuse to participate any further in the event.
5. hereby assume full responsibility for any risks of and release and indemnify the Releasee from all claims, demands, actions and causes of action and/or litigation for any economic or non-economic loss due to bodily injury or death sustained by me or a third party as a result of working with, storing or consuming any of the products made by me during the event.
6. understand that any insurance cover effected for participants may not cover me for any or all injury, loss or damage sustained by me.
7. I give permission/do not give permission for Queensland Cheese Artisan to place pictures taken at this event onto the Queensland Cheese Artisan Website and Social Media Platforms
8. warrant that I:
(a) have read and understood this document and the rights that I am giving up by signing it;
(b) am aware that I should seek independent legal advice before signing this document and have chosen not to seek such advice;
(c) am over the age of eighteen (18) and have signed this document freely and voluntarily without any inducement or coercion by the Releasee/am accompanied by a parent or legal guardian who has signed this document on my behalf; and
(d) acknowledge that the Releasee is relying on the representations made by me in this document.
Signed by _______________________________ ("the Releasor")
DECLARATION BY PARENT OR GUARDIAN (for Participants under 18 years of age)
As parent or guardian of ………..........................…………….. and on behalf of myself and the participant:
* I have read this document and fully understand it and agree to abide by the terms referred to above.
* I Indemnify and will keep indemnified the Releasee and all other people referred to above on the
terms referred to above.
Parent/Guardian Signature Date
Full Name of Parent/Guardian: ………………………………………………………………………………